How to Locate Item
Before you start the search, check the following:
- • Is your device database up to date? In order to obtain the latest version of your database, synchronize it with an endpoint. (See How to Perform Synchronization)
• Is your reader coupled with your mobile device? (See How to Set Up a Reader)
• If you are using a reader – mobile device combination, verify that the reader is connected to the mobile device, indicated by .
• If is shown, tap it to restart scanning for a reader device. In case it does not turn to in a few seconds, try reconnecting the device.
• If is shown, verify that your reader is powered on, added and enabled (See How to Set Up a Reader)
Look For an Item:
1. Tap to open the Main Menu.
2. Tap Locate Item.
- • Alternatively, tap the Locate Item field on the Dashboard.
3. Tap to open the dialog window with the following search options:
- • Item
- • Location
- • Tag
- • Custom EPC
- • If you select Custom EPC, a dialog asking you to Enter or scan exact EPC opens. When you enter / scan it, tap Locate Tag.
• If you choose an Item, a Location or a Tag, a corresponding screen opens.
4. Choose an Item, a Location or a Tag you want to locate.
- • Locate item screen with the proximity indicator opens.
• To add multiple tags for search, repeat Steps 3 and 4.
5. Pull the trigger once or tap to start the proximity scan.
6. Navigate towards the tag.
- • Proximity indicator produces a sound and the arrow bar starts flashing, indicating how close the item is.
7. Pull the trigger again or tap to stop the scan.