How to Edit Item General Details
1. Click an item name to open its details page.
2. Click the icon in the General section.
- • Edit item window is open.
3. In the Name field type in a name of the item.
4. In the Serial field type in a serial number.
5. In the Foreign ID field type in any custom identifier which you might already have in your legacy database that you want to connect with the item.
6. In the Description field type in a description of the item.
7. Click the Owner field to expand the dropdown menu and select an owner.
8. Click the Manufacturer field to expand the dropdown menu and select a manufacturer.
- • When you select a manufacturer, the model field appears.
9. Click the Model field to expand the dropdown menu and select a model (of the selected manufacturer).
10. Click the Item type field to expand the dropdown menu and select an item type.
11. Click the Choose last seen location button to select the item’s last seen location.
- • This option is available if the item has a tag associated with it.
12. Click Save to save the changes.
Edit an item general details (while on cards layout):
1. Hover over an item.
2. Click the icon in the lower right corner.
3. Select Edit to open the edit item details window.
- • Edit the details as described above.