How to Create Item
- • Depending on your organization’s setup and the configuration of the Tagit Visium application, you might not be allowed to choose the name of an item. In that case, newly created items are named by concatenating the name of the item type, model and a sequenced number. E.g.: ItemTypeModel0001.
1. Click the icon to open the New item window.
2. In the Name field type in a name (required) of the item.
- • NOTE: Name is mandatory and has to be unique.
3. In the Serial field type in a serial number.
4. In the Foreign ID field type in a custom identifier which you might already have in your legacy database that you want to associate with the item.
5. In the Description field type in a description.
6. Click the Owner field to expand the dropdown menu and select an owner.
7. Click the Organization field to expand the dropdown menu and select an organization (required) to which the item belongs to.
- • NOTE: Organization field is available when you belong to multiple organizations. If you only belong to one, that organization is set by default.
8. Click the Manufacturer field to expand the dropdown menu and select a manufacturer.
- • When you select a manufacturer, the model field appears.
9. Click the Model field to expand the dropdown menu and select a model (of the selected manufacturer).
10. Click the Item type field to expand the dropdown menu and select an item type.
11. Click Save to save the item.