This position is based out of Tagit’s Fremont, CA location.
As a Process engineer you will be the technical subject matter expert of industrial processes at customers’ manufacturing, transportation, warehousing, supply-chain & logistics, engineering, and IT Operations. You will be expected to determine the most effective and optimal methods of reengineering, design automated and semi-automated processes by leveraging Sensor Visibility Platforms to ensure Returns on Investment of the process transformation. You will be expected to help customers modernize their legacy processes with state-of-the-art technologies, equipment and facilities.
- Communicating and meeting with the members of customers’ Manufacturing, Warehousing, Transportation, Supply-chain & Logistics, Engineering and IT Operations teams to know their existing processes, and loss areas.
- Researching and identifying the root causes of process issues and customer complaints. Work with the customers’ operations teams and Tagit’s engineering team to design and transform the processes by leveraging Tagit’s sensor based visibility platforms.
- Developing the ROI metrics and estimate the return on investment, return on efforts and return on assets based on Industry best practices.
- Identifying, developing, and deploying Industry Best Practices and Standard Operating Procedures across all global sites of customers’ operations.
- Creating clear project plans for cross-functional operations teams and taking accountability for the solution design.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams at various levels within customers’ organization and from different regions / cultures.
- Conceptualizing, designing, and deploying creative and innovative solutions to critical challenges in Operations, working if needed with internal or external software and hardware developers.
- Documenting all changes or modifications in products that have been implemented by the Process & Development team prior to release of products or new implementation.
- Be in charge of process improvements based on Design of Experiments (DOE), process qualification and validation.
- Working across functional boundaries and collaborating with various business subject areas in a significant manner – manufacturing, engineering, sales, and marketing functions as needed to carry out assignments.
- Working with the process improvement teams in identifying and calling out all areas of improvement
- Implementing new sensor infrastructure & operating procedures.
- Developing and implementing technical training
- Providing support to customers’ process related problems
- Establishing robust processes with the product development team to ensure new products and processes are properly validated and documented.
- Designing solution architecture, architecture diagrams, scope of work, bill of materials for customers’ projects.
- Testing and Troubleshooting the internal products and pilot deployments before the production cut-over.
- Model automated processes and determine exception criteria.
- Design exception management processes.
- Knowledge of Process related standards
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma principles and methodologies
- Experience in using statistical and data analytic tools
- Worked with different Mobile Device Management (MDM) applications
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management software such as Zoho CRM
- Proficient in identifying, assessing and solving problems.
- Experience with variation reduction using statistical analysis, statistical process controls (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE) and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Strong knowledge in Inventory and Warehouse Management principles.
- Extensive experience in understanding the project requirements, customers needs and communicating solutions.
- Experience in developing and improving standard operating procedures
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint), MS Project, SAP and AutoCAD or comparable applications
- Working knowledge of Equipment and Process Validation and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)